Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Like Bad Songs and I Made a List.


Following is a list of bad songs I really like. No inspiration to write leads to posts such as you see below.
  • Ishq wala Love: Yes, I admit it. The song grew on me. This is one of the most nyaka (I’m sorry, I know of no English translation for nyaka) songs that I have ever heard. And yet, I like it. The lyrics make no sense (Ishq wala Love? What?), and the video consists of two boys and a girl running around amidst snow covered locales, and setting trees on fire. The lyrics-that-make-no-sense are what inspired the genius ‘Gaana wala Song,’ which I happen to like and hum, more than the original. But Ishq wala Love has a charm of its own. Right? It even has nice sounding Urdu words—Surkh wala, sauz wala, faiz wala love/Hota hain jo love se zyaada, waise wala love—yes the second line just went into how-high-was-the-lyricist territory. But the first line, pretty, yes? No? Okay, I’ll move on.
          Listen to Gaana wala Song here.
  • Girlfriend, by Avril Lavigne: I’m not even going to try to explain this one. Just…no.
  • We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, by Taylor Swift: Sometimes I wish my ex boyfriend would ask me to get back with him just so I can get together with my girlfriends and go “Weee Are Never Ever Getting Back Together!” 
    Yes, I know that’s never going to happen.
    Like, ever.
    (There is another song I have this elaborate revenge routine planned to. That is actually a good song. Gives You Hell, by All American Idiots.
    My fascination with all these revenge scenarios is slightly disturbing, I agree.)
  • Everytime We Touch, by Cascada: EVERYONE has been through the phase where we’d jump up and dance whenever this song came on. I just never grew out of it. Whatever.
  • Blue, by Eiffel 65: This song is like a ringtone that never ends. Why do I like this song? I’m sorry, I can’t explain it.
  • The Fast Food Song, by Fast Food Rockers: I love food. A LOT. This song sings about fast food. Pizza, Fried Chicken, Burgers, Fries, you name it. They also tell you where you get them. What’s not to like?
  • Everybody, by Backstreet Boys: Alright, so they wrote a theme song about themselves. It’s catchy!
  • Wannabe, by Spice Girls: Does anybody remember that scene in One Tree Hill where the main cast have a graduation party (I understand if you don’t remember—those people went to more parties in a week than I’ve been to my entire life), and all the girls start dancing randomly yet do this perfectly synchronized Bollywood-ish routine  to this song? If you don’t, click on the video link to remind you. Either way, some day at some party, I too would like to break out in a random yet completely synchronized dance routine to Wannabe. Don’t judge me, people. Friendship never ends, the Spice Girls said so.
  • Three, by Britney Spears, Glee cover: The original is about a threesome, or foursome, or fivesome (Is that a word?) Point is, it’s about group sex. Between Peter, Paul and Mary. I’m guessing Britney’s in there somewhere. I don’t know how the Glee people made it sound non-dirty and actually nice, but I like it. It causes problems sometimes when I start singing it, and my friends look at me and judge me. So I don’t.
  • Without You, by some hiphop dude, Glee Cover: The Glee cover was Rachel singing to her boyfriend. It’s supposed to be all love ballad-ey. She tells him how she can’t do or be a lot of stuff, that’s right you guessed it, without him!
  • Naturally, by Selena Gomez: On one of those days when I was feeling super lazy and didn’t want to change the channel, I discovered this song. For some reason, I felt the need to download it immediately, and put it in my mp3 player and dance to it. This happened 2 years  ago and the song is still in my mp3 player and I still like dancing to it.

Now that I look back at this list, and this post, I’m thinking maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all. :|

0 scribbles:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com