Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Too much Boobage

Yes, I have end semester exams going on, and I really should be studying for my Shakespeare paper tomorrow. But, I must stay true to character, and even though I have actually been studying this time, I have continued my practice of starting a new book, or television series, which ALWAYS turns out to be incredibly addictive. Therefore, if you ever find yourself in the need for a book and/or television show that is extremely gripping, ask me what I'm reading/watching just before exams. You will not be disappointed.

Not a book, but a show is what I will write about this time. The show in question is Game of Thrones. I know what you're saying, "She started watching Game of Thrones NOW?" Yes, I did. When you  were watching, I was reading the books. Hah.
So, back to the point, the show is amazing. REALLY REALLY AMAZING. Anyone who doesn't watch it, should.

Though, I have a few issues with the show. What is up with all the nudity? It's excessive, really. Also, unnecessary. The strangest scene was when Petyr Baelish talks about his childhood, and there's two women simulating sex in the background. Are they trying to distract viewers from Baelish's story, or what? What is the point of it? Isn't it a serious scene? Again, when Maester Pycell is telling us what "the thing about kings" is (he doesn't, actually), there's a woman in the background, naked, washing herself up. I believe this has led to the rise of a new word-Sexposition.
Also, all the women have Brazilian waxes. Seriously?

I remember, a friend asking me to watch the show when it first started, and she described it to me as being "Really really good, you'll totally love it. So much nakedness, it's awesome."
I disagree. It's not awesome. Every time they introduce a new female character, I'm just waiting to see how long I see her clothed. Which is why, when they brought in Natalia Tena (she played Tonks in Harry Potter), I was distraught. I prayed to never have to see what Tonks looks like naked, and now I can never un-see that! I will never forgive you for this, creators of the show! NEVER!

Finally, if there has to be so much nakedness, I would like to see some naked MEN, please. Women watch the show too, and we'd like some eye candy of our own.
Robb Stark, take that chain mail off please.

I will go study now. Wait for me Hamlet, here I come.

0 scribbles:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com