Friday, June 4, 2010

Friends, Lovers, Or Nothing.

"Anything other than yes is no
Anything other than stay is go
Anything less than I love you is lying."
                                          
The candlelight sends shadows over her skin; I always did think she looked beautiful in it. She shivers in my arms as I trace her collarbone with my lips. She sighs and calls out my name when I find that spot, just behind her earlobe where she is the most sensitive. "I love you," she whispers,and I inhale the scent that is purely her. Sunshine, and Christmas morning. I can find no better words to describe it.
"This is definitely the last time," is the last coherent thought I have, before she takes me where rationality leaves, and logic is defied.


"You whisper, "Come on over" 
Because you're two drinks in.
But in the morning I will say 
Good-bye again."



I wake up alone, as I had expected to.
She never stayed till the sun rose.
I looked over to my table, and found what I was looking for.


I picked up the sprig of lavender she always left.
And placed it in the box where I put them all.
Every time she came over, was supposed to be the last time.
And every morning when she left, I wondered if we'd ever have a last time.


"Friends, lovers, or nothing 
You see, there can only be one. 
Friends, lovers, or nothing 
We'll never be an in-between 
So give it up."



Lyrics from 'Friends, Lovers or Nothing' by John Mayer.

4 scribbles:

Deeptesh said...

Absolutely loved reading this. Thanks for sharing. And drop by my blog and tell me what u feel. The first post is a part of a larger poem. You can tell me if you want to read the entire thing. The second post is the link to my book.

Thanks,
Deeptesh

TurbulentMind said...

amazingly written..wow..

Shahana said...

Thank You.
:)

R said...

I love it when you mix verse and poetry. :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com