Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Things that make me Happy..!

I am supposed to be writing an article for my department’s wall magazine. I stared at a blank screen for a long time, wrote the article, and then realized I overshot the word limit by over a 1000 words.

I can’t write anything else, and I have to put in something. This is just plain irritating.

Feeling the way I do, right now, which is really really crappy, I decided to do something that always makes me happier.

Make a list.

Things that make me happy:
1.       Sunshine.
2.       Pretty undies.
3.       The smell of rain.
4.       Popcorn at the movies.
5.       Getting ready for a party.
6.       Coffee with hot chocolate powder in it (3 tablespoons) and sugar (1 tablespoon) and a good mug that you can wrap your hands around.
7.       Cake for breakfast.
8.       Food. An endless supply of good food, whenever I want, wherever I want.
9.       Adrenaline.
10.    A gorgeous pair of high heels. 
11.    Thick, sweet smelling lotion.
12.    Woolly slippers.
13.    My mom's jewellery.
14.    A boisterous card game that results in playful shouting and cursing.
15.    Long luxurious sleep-ins and a good morning stretch.
16.    Errant smiles tossed at strangers.
17.    Curls as they crawl down a boy’s neck when his hair is getting a bit too long.
18.    Large glamorous sunglasses.
19.    Fuzzy caterpillars.
20.    The way a summer dress can make you feel.
21.    Swirly doodles.
22.    A pretty notebook with lined paper and interesting, hard covers, and with spiral binding too.
23.    Silk scarves tied around necks.
24.    Burying my toes in warm sand.
25.    Being a big sister.
26.    Anything really sour or really spicy.
27.    Visits to the hair dresser.
28.    Saying the same thing as someone else at the same time. 
29.    Change.
30.    Lavender.
31.    Looking someone deep in the eyes and trying hard not to be the first to look away.
32.    Chocolate.
33.    Precious moments captured on film. 
34.    A cosy sweatshirt.
35.    Laughing so hard your face hurts.
36.    A hot shower.
37.    No lines at a store.
38.    Getting mail.
39.    Taking a drive on a pretty road.
40.    Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
41.    Finding the outfit you want is on sale for half price.
42.    Chocolate milkshake.
43.    A long distance phone call.
44.    Giggling.
45.    Laughing at yourself.
46.    Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
47.    Lists.
48.    Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
49.    Laughing at an inside joke.
50.    Friends.
51.    Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
52.    Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
53.    Having someone play with your hair.
54.    Making chocolate chip cookies.
55.    Riding the best roller coasters over and over.
56.    Getting out of class early, even if it's only five minutes.
57.    Candles, the smell, the flicker.
58.    Storms.
59.    Scrapbook paper.
60.    Ribbons.
61.    Lace.
62.    Oshos.
63.    Dancing.
64.    Puppies.
65.    Swings.
66.    Yoga.
67.    A boy with very nice arms. And wide shoulders.
68.    Singing very loudly in public.
69.    Hopping and skipping. :p
70.    Hugs.
71.    Paycheck at the end of the month.
72.    A nice, fat book.
73.    A good massage.
74.    Turquoise.
75.    Compliments.
76.    Couples that make me go ‘aww.’
77.   Thomas Newman.

This list will keep getting updated as I think of new things. J

2 scribbles:

R said...

I love <3
Velly nice, I tried to make my list, ut couldnt. Does this make me fundamentally unhappy?

Shahana said...

This took me ages..!
Basically, this was an incomplete post thingy I had, for a very very long time.
Just sat and completed it.
It doesn't make you unhappy at all, and anyone who DOES manage to make their list in one day is just weirdly aware of things that make them happy.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com