Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time Pass

Classes these days, the few that do take place, are boring.
Philology, which goes without saying, just IS.
And Scansion is boring, because...well, I can’t do it.

My question is, why anyone would need to study either of them. No one is going to be asked to scan a passage, in any corner of the world, or discuss the Greek, Latin, French or whatever other country’s influence on the English language, unless you’re planning to teach them to unsuspecting students.

Right now, I’m trying/pretending to study, which basically means there’s a couple of Google tabs open. But all I can think about is a bunch of things I really want to do.

I want to go to New Market and shop, for ribbons, lingerie, food and clothes.
I want to be a pro at 29.
I want to go to Princep Ghat and just hang out.
I want to go sit on a beach, with my hair open, the sand under me, and feel the water lapping at my toes.
I want to ride a bike, a really fast one, and feel the wind in my face.
I want to roam around Park Street at 2am in the night.
I want to stick my head outside a car window, and leave my tongue hanging out like a dog.
I want to stop thinking about that one guy, and just figure out whether I like him or not.
I want to be tall, and have bigger feet, and to not fit into clothes from the kids section.
I want to have enough money to buy all the books I want.
And the time to read them.
I want to learn to figure skate, and to ballroom dance.
I want to climb a tree again, and sit on a branch, while I dangle my legs.
I want to stand in the rain and dance.
I want to be as pretty as Leighton Meester.
I want to eat all I want, and not worry about growing fat.
I want classmates I can talk to.
I want to be able to write as well as my friends.
I want to stop feeling so goddamned lonely all the time.

I have exams in two weeks.
I will go study now.

6 scribbles:

Enigma said...

Shahana di.. cheerio! My.. dats really a long list of "want-to-dos".. anyway.. hope you can actually get down to it and do all of it! Till then.. enjoy your blogging de-light!

And.. umm.. is it just me? Or do students always feel that what they're being taught is not gonna be of any use to them in ten years down the line? I guess its a feeling that students will always have.. :P

Enigma said...

Oo.. in case you dont figure out who this is.. and why some random creepster is calling you "di" and giving you "gyaan".. well its ME! O

Enigma said...

Oh.. and the ME: is aratrika.. :P -you remember who that is.. right?!

Shahana said...

aww le..
of course i remember you hun..
:)

Unknown said...

khub sundor!

Sahana said...

Leighton Meester makes me feel veryvery inadequate when I watch Gossip Girl. Now if you'll excuse me I have a list to make.

Oh and you think dead languages are unimportant, explain to me how polishing a piece of wood using a Bosch tool helps a kid learn how to manipulate genes and proteins. :-/ Life is a bitch. We should all read Calvin and Hobbes. :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com